Mt. Mansfield Union High School Student Services
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
Schedules and grade specific information will be mailed to all families in August
News from MMU Counselors - May/June 2018
- As exams are approaching, please make sure you are checking in with teachers about exam review sessions, study guides or expectations around the final exam in each of your classes
- If you are in need of any summer course recovery, please see your counselor so we can help you make a plan.
- We have been updating Naviance and our Student Services website when summer enrichment opportunities come our way, so please check out what is going on locally over the summer.
We are so excited for all of you as you embark on a new journey after Mt. Mansfield. We have all enjoyed being a part of your life for four years. Please remember to update your Naviance account and let us know where your plans take you next year!
We hope that by now you have taken some time to explore the career and college resources on Naviance Family Connection. Counselors will be coming into English classes beginning on 5/21 to talk about planning for life after high school. Over the course of the next few months and the summer, you might want to take the opportunity to get a jump start on your college planning process:
- Before you leave for summer vacation, check in with teachers who you are considering asking for a letter of recommendation and see what their preferences and timelines are for writing letters.
- Go to the "about me" tab in Naviance and fill out the "senior brag-sheet" (for students) or "a parent's perspective" (for parents). These important surveys are required for students who may be applying to colleges which require a Counselor Recommendation (most 4-year colleges). Your insight is essential. We ask that you please consider completing these surveys before summer vacation, so that we may do as much writing in the summer as possible.
- Remember to make an appointment with your counselor to start talking about your post high school plans.
- We look forward to working with you through our “Senior Sessions” next year. We will have 8 scheduled sessions during the school day, beginning in early September and running through the first week in October that will be used to support you through the college application and post-secondary planning process
Please stay in touch and let us know how we can be helpful as you look ahead to next year. Have a fun and rejuvenating summer!
Kristen Barker, Toni Chandler, Meghan Sweet, and Christian Adams
MMU School Counselors
College Admission Representatives please schedule visits to Mt. mansfield Union High School at RepVisits